http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Tami Fulfills Her 2008 New Year's Resolution (pics)
Tami, the hiking machineOne of the things I most respect about Tami is the way she keeps her promises - both to others, and to herself. If you've been following our blog for awhile you may remember her New Year's Resolution to walk 500 miles. She had me put together a little spreadsheet on her laptop where she could enter her mileage each day. Next to each entry it showed mileage accumulated to-date, along with a comparison to the minimum mileage needed to complete 500 miles by year end. Every now and again she tried to turn the milestones into shoe-buying excuses -- "Hey Sweetie, I just crossed 300 miles - don't you think that deserves a new pair of shoes?"

Well, it was my honor to walk the last 40 or so miles with her during our vacation in Montana's Glacier National Park these last two weeks. I don't know exactly where or when we crossed that 500th mile, but I do know that the mountains there in Glacier are a whole lot taller than the ones back home. I also decided I prefer climbing over descending - Tami practically runs down the mountains, leaving me stumbling along behind in a contrail of dust (see video below). She's a hiking machine. Me, I'm more of a pack mule - I get to carry the water, lunches, cameras, maps, and sunscreen. Which works out fine, since I'm always stopping to take pictures anyway! Enjoy...

Glacier National Park, MontanaThe hike up to Grinnell Glacier overlook from Logan pass is long, but well worth the viewWildflowers near Mt. Brown lookoutWe came across lots of wildlife on our hikesWildflower on Big Mountain, near Whitefish Montana
2 Comment(s):
On 06 September, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool video! I love the moose swimming. We went this past winter; very different scenery! :)

 
On 22 November, 2011, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Congratulations to Tami, Craig. That is a nice accomplishment. Mary and I visited GNP in 2005 and loved it. It is gorgeous out there. (and yes, 300 miles warrants a new pair of shoes). Art

 

Post a Comment