http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Lunges: Our Picks From The 50s Series
After all the excitement of the tricep and bicep tracks, the music selections for 50's series lunges have been a bit of a letdown. "When I'm working lunges," says Tami, "I want a strong piece of music - not a love song." Fully half the tracks on her list had "girly" or "yawn" scrawled next to them. Maybe that's why our classes usually rock out to lunge tracks from the 30's and 40's series - we like a bit of variety in our sound, and for the last couple years we've had to reach back in the archives to find it.

That said, there's plenty of good to go around when it comes to 50's series lunges - you just have to look a little harder to find it. Here's what we turned up:
Best: Breathe (One More Angel) - BodyPump 58 -Maybe it's not the our favorite piece of music, but it's definitely one of the toughest lunge workouts in the stack. Thank goodness Breathe is the song title - you sure don't want to hold your breath on this one!

Worst: Like The Sun (Trinity 17) - BodyPump 59 - Actually this honor could've gone to 50's Try or 52's I Can't Let You Go or even 55's As The Rush Comes. We chose 59 to drive home our point: Like the back & hamstrings track, more often than not these songs represent what might be called your typical lunge track - if squats, chest, biceps, and triceps songs don't have a "typical" sound, why should lunges?

Most Memorable: I Want You (Paris Avenue) - BodyPump 57 - Or was that "I want choo"? We love it all - the song, the workout, even the Double Pulse Dynamic Lunges. Anyone know how to get the chorus out of your head after class?
Good thing we hosed down the inbox before posting this one, otherwise the incoming flames might set the whole place on fire. Safety first. But hey, we bet we're not the only ones that want to see the "lunge track mold" get broken. Next up: Shoulders
5 Comment(s):
On 06 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I know I have a heavy class load that week I do the lunges from 50 because its the easiest lunge track in Pump! What I do miss from the lunge tracks in the early 50's series is the back stepping lunge.

 
On 06 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm shoulders? Do I predict Crack It from BP 50 topping the list?

 
On 08 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worst: Like the Sun?
I think the worst is I want you. ugh, cheesy song :-)

Best: Breathe, ok, yeah, i agree but it's a tie between that and Lola's theme

please pick YEAH and Sweet Home Al as the worst ab tracks :-)

 
On 12 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats funny because Yeah was the most ab track and my club. Definetly agree on sweet home al. You'll never see play that song again. I agree with your lunge selection though

 
On 16 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I must like dance music cos I normally love the lunge track music! But definitely agree on "Breathe" - anything with calf raisaes gets a big thumbs up from me.

 

Post a Comment