http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Instructors: Looking for your BodyPump 55?
If you've been following our blog for the last couple weeks, you're probably aware that we received BodyPump 55 about a month earlier than expected. We have, however, received several comments and emails from instructors in other parts of the world informing us that they unfortunately haven't received their releases. Well, it's our pleasure to inform you that we've cracked the mystery. Let me explain.

A few days after 55 made its unexpected (though welcome) appearance in our mailbox, lo and behold a second copy arrived. Ever mindful of our good fortune to have received the first one well ahead of schedule, we tried to contact our friends at Les Mills USA to arrange a return. Our suspicions were raised when the normally-prompt folks there failed to respond - and, even more so, when I tried to call several times and found myself in voice jail (in fact, my subsequent call was rather abruptly terminated with the system saying "We're sorry, but the mailbox is full").

Meanwhile, Tami mentioned this to some of the other instructors at our club - and to her surprise they too had received duplicate BodyPump 55 mailings. A few days later, she received an email from LMI stating that there had in fact been a problem and that some instructors had received multiple copies of the release, and that we should all be receiving pre-paid envelopes in which to return them.

<< By the way, I did finally get through to a live human there at LMI (as opposed to a recording of a human). When I asked if they'd been away for the last week or so, he replied warily "No, there's just been a lot of calls here lately." You can, of course, read between the lines here. >>

And so we are pleased to inform all those instructors who haven't received their copies of BodyPump 55 that they are in fact forthcoming. They've just taken a little detour to kitchen countertops, desktops, and underneath piles of unread mail in the homes of instructors all across North America. Rest assured they're on the way - just as soon as everything gets sorted out here...
11 Comment(s):
On 13 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

We decided this quarter to deliver the latest release in a staged shipment over the period of about 6 weeks so instructors received them prior to our quarterly workshop in their area.

You two received it first because Virginia fell into the shipping zone for the Chicago workshop. We also shipped to Georgia and nearby states prior to the Atlanta quarterly. Texas will be receiving them soon and instructors in California and nearby states will have them later this month.

During the first shipment there was a glitch in our shipping system which meant we sent out a few releases twice. (Someone got plenty of push ups for that one!)

As you mentioned we're now in the process of recovering them but the number involved was only a fraction of the total and isn't holding up shipments to other instructors.

By the way, we love reading your blog and appreciate the support from you two and the 1000's of other instructors around the country who are teaching the programs, keep up the good work!

Les Mills USA

 
On 13 August, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

Howdy Les Mills USA! Thank you for writing back and explaining it all to us. You know, of course, we couldn't resist poking a little fun at you once we realized your shipping system had a glitch!

We've really enjoyed having your team here in the States. They're always so efficient - so we knew something was up when we couldn't get through!

 
On 15 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tami,
I wrote to you a few weeks ago concerning BodyFlow...I just took the training this weekend and I am so overwhelmed! I was wondering if I could email you and pick your brain a bit about this...or I could give you mine..either way...thanks:)

 
On 15 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

I'd be happy to! Just look above where it says 'click here' and it will send you to Craigs e-mail. I'll get it from him and I will try to help! Don't worry though - you'll get over the 'overwhelmed feeling'!

 
On 16 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I am a Bodybalance instructor as well if you have any queries or questions please e-mail me as well.

 
On 16 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering how often to change up BP music? Once a new release comes out I use that music for about 3-4 weeks (I teach one BP class/week). Afterwards I start mixing it up with some of the previous releases. Does anyone know what the members prefer? Do they want to hear the same thing for 2-3 weeks and get their muscles used to the workout/choreography, or is different music each week more exciting as they never know what`s in store?

 
On 16 August, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

FWIW we typically change our mix every week, as we teach two classes together per week. It's a little easier for us because we're only responsible for 5 songs apiece. We've found, though, that the need to change so often is driven more by our own desire for different mixes than that of the class attendees. Try asking your class sometime what song you played two tracks earlier - believe it or not most won't remember. So unless you're getting feedback from attendees that you're running a mix too long, or (like us) you want a continual change of the routine, I personally see nothing wrong with running a mix once a week for several weeks!

 
On 17 August, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

Hardly a class goes by that I don't mess something up. I've become a master at working out counts "on the fly" because I regularly call out the wrong numbers. It's not that I don't know the routine - it's just that my mouth doesn't say the right stuff!

I think the worst that ever happened to me was when our club's CD player started acting up while I was teaching a ab track . It started skipping about 30 seconds into the song. It skipped worse and worse until it finally came to an abrupt halt and just died. Fortunately Tami was there because she took over and had everyone continue through the routine without the music (I couldn't have done this because I have to have the music. She, on the other hand, memorizes the routine as a sequence of moves).

That same CD player ruined our 54 launch (mentioned on this podcast), so ever since then we've been bringing our own and plugging it into the sound system!

 
On 17 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

As he mentioned, the worst for me was during our launch - and with the song I was waiting anxiously to do. The 'Word Up' shoulder song. The CD player just wouldn't play it - so we did it acappella style. No music - just moves. Good thing I had it memorized!

 
On 17 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I teach 4 programs (BP, BC, BS, and BF) and trying to keep the chorey to "slave to the music" straight in my head between BP, BC, and BS was VERY difficult! But the worst experience I've had while teaching invovles the CD player skipping. I was teaching the lunge track from 42 (my favorite lunge track) when the CD started skipping. It kept jumping around and then finally started playing again right where it was supposed to be. Or at least we thought. It started playing at the first set of staggered lunges when we were actually doing the second set after all those bottom halves. Then the CD quit. So we finished out the other leg with no music and simply counted it off. The funniest experience has to be just a few weeks ago, my Combat partner and I had been going over the new release before class (we're the first class of the day) and when we started class we forgot to change over to the CD we were teaching from. When the music "Glory of Love" started, we proceeded with the kata from 23 and did not notice it was the wrong music until a class member asked why we had never used that song before. Had to start all over again with the correct music.

 
On 05 September, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Just got Bodypump 55 this weekend finally. It is a good release. Like the music and thought that the music was well put together for this release. Love the shoulder track and also love the triceps track as well.

 

Post a Comment