http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Our 'Old Stuff' Playlist
What goes up must come down.
What goes around comes around.
One good turn deserves another.


And... you guessed it:

What's old is new again.

Naturally. We did our 'new stuff' playlist a week or so ago, and now it's time rewind all the way back to the 30's series, because - well, for us at least - that's about as far back as we can go. (playlist at left)

But anyway... We find it's a little like climbing back on that bicycle you haven't ridden in awhile - No matter how long it's been, one crank of the pedals and it feels just as natural as ever. It's that pleasant mix of comfort and familiarity that makes the whole experience just slightly more enjoyable than normal.

Truth be told, though, here's what we really like about the 'old stuff' playlist: Even if we totally forget the choreography, we've heard these songs so many times we can fake our way through it and at least look like we know what we're doing!
1 Comment(s):
On 23 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys-

I'm with you....I like the old stuff too. It's sort of like hearing the music you grew up with as a kid....it just takes you back. I will always think fondly of the releases I first heard as a member....and will never forget the release I trained on.

I would LOVE to have some stuff that goes back farther than what I currently have......I wonder if I sent you some blanks if you would burn me some of your fav's....? Would that be total no-no? The oldest I have is 39...I don't have 40 or 41, but I have 42 to the present. A couple of the ones you mention here from 36, 37 and 38 look like they might be good. I do have a pretty big library of music with what I have though, so it's not a big deal.

We have just finished 6 wks of 64 so it's time to look through my library and make a new mix.....sometimes as I listen through them all it's hard to choose. I like so many of them, for so many different reasons!

Hope you are staying warm. We are currently below FREEZING!

Take care,
Niki

 

Post a Comment