http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Shoulders: Our Picks From The 50s Series
Most of the major muscle groups have been addressed - and the lion's share of the calories burned - by the time the eighth track rolls around. Yet the path remains steep: though the shoulder muscles are smaller, their work is no less difficult. At no point in a BodyPump workout is the need ever greater for a motivating piece of music than during the shoulder track.

Fortunately, the 50's series has delivered handsomely. In fact, no other track has achieved the choreographic variety we've enjoyed with shoulders over the last ten releases. From Crack It's crossover push-ups and Pretty Vegas' rotator presses to the MAC raises in Round And Round, track #8 is a virtual smorgasbord of shoulder-burning exertion. Here's our picks:
Best: Round and Round (Bodyrockers) - BodyPump 58 -Loud, tough, innovative, fun - this is the complete package, folks. The standard's raised so high now it's almost scary to think what topping it might be like. Runner up: I Get Up - BodyPump 55

Worst: War Machine (Techno Boy) - BodyPump 52 - Strange, campy, just a little too far out for us. We still run it every now and again in our classes to break us out of a rut but it'll never be a playlist favorite.

Most Memorable: Word Up (Korn) - BodyPump 54 and Crack It (Bomfunk MCs) - BodyPump 50 - (tie) You can't go wrong with either one of these. Just make sure you keep a cry towel handy for Crack It (yeah we know Something Going On is the "official" title of that tune) Runner Up: Pretty Vegas - BodyPump 59
And the list goes on. Could the selections get any more controversial? We'll find out soon enough when we tackle the final workout track! Next up: Abs
10 Comment(s):
On 07 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Gasp* War Machine is one of my favorite shoulder tracks!!! 29 push ups to start - the only thing that could make it better would be to add a second round of push ups at the end. And the devil-voice...the thought makes me want to bring out my Ipod and listen to it right now.

I liked all of the shoulder tracks from the 50s, though. It would be difficult to pick one favorite.

My least favorite abs: "Shake Ya Tailfeather" (BP 50 - never played this one past launch), and didn't like "The Joker" (54) either. Favorites: "Yeah" from BP 53 and Sweet Home Alabama (59).

Love your blog!
MJ in Atlanta

 
On 07 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is also war machine , it just has a great feel , I even listen to it in the car. The worst is
pretty vegas. Inxs is so over in order to get younger peple in the class we must cut out the 80s songs
at least put some 90s

 
On 08 December, 2006, Blogger Chantal said...

Wow, can't believe you vote Warmachine as worst! My class keeps requesting it. I like too, but I just love push ups. But I guess it's good that we all like different things. Last week I used an older shoulder track, with 2 sets off push ups! BP 43: We will survive! Love it!

 
On 08 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that 10 year celebration CD too! And, I just played BP 43 in my class for 3-4 weeks. Some good stuff on that release - a little Metallica never hurt anyone!

MJ in Atlanta

 
On 11 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

people in our gym seem to request war machine all the time, i've asked why, they say the beat and the staggers... go figure

 
On 16 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I join the I heart War Machine camp!!! I love that one, I even use the song as a kick-ass treadmill sprint when i feel like running my butt off hard-core for a few minutes.

I'd say best chest track HAS to be Crack It, but Round and Round is great too - love that Mac Raise! Wow how I was cursing Mike Sweeney the first time I did it ...!

My vote for Abs - "Don't cha" has GOT to be the the best, right?! None of the others have ever made my abs hurt that much the next day!! I actually think BP's weakness is often in the ab tracks, which could be tougher, but that one - wow! There are unfortunately a lot of "worsts" for me so I won't even begin to list them!

This is awesome by the way - can't wait to see what you come up with for abs and cool down! Love your site guys.

 
On 21 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tami and craig- always accurate (as usual.!:))
when will abs be out?

 
On 24 December, 2006, Blogger Reymond said...

Merry Christmas!!! :)

 
On 11 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it just me or havnt i seen tami and craig 4 awhile?

 
On 19 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Know, I was wondering what happened?

 

Post a Comment