http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Here we go again...
And I don't mean the song. Our club opened up in the summer of 2001 and I have been with them since November of 2001. I have seen lot's of changes over the past few years. Instructors come and go, department managers have been replaced, owners have changed. For the past year or so, things have been running very smoothly. Our GFM has done a terrific job in organizing and managing a difficult department. She is able, and does, teach numerous classes and is always there to sub. Monday evening, at a spur of the moment employee meeting, it was announced to us that as of August 1st we will be under new owners. We are a small town fitness club - very family and community oriented. And I like that. I know sometimes that changes are good but I think I had gotten into my comfort zone and dread seeing yet another dramatic change. It wasn't long ago our club was swaying towards BTS. I got the shivers. Fortunatly we stayed with Les Mills and I breathed a huge sigh of relief. The new owners have promised good things and I will keep an open mind, but my big toe is beginning to tremble...

Thanks for all the great tips on clean and press form. Today in class I had everyone use a partner standing in front of them and practice. It worked pretty good, but as usual, some slowly went back to the reverse curls. I have told them that when they all get it right I will quit nagging them!

We launch BP58 this Monday so I am listening to it as I write. I really like it!

Our trip was great - just very wet. Also, we did not manage to visit any BP classes. We were nerver close to any. We did manage to ride our tandem alot - over 120 miles total. One day was a grueling 45 mile trek with a lovely 2 1/2 jaunt up a mountain. 30 minutes to get up, about 8 minutes to get back down! And here is an interesting observation: last year Craig and I did alot of hiking on our summer trip. No biking. We missed two weeks of Pump and when we taught for the first time when we got back, neither Craig or I could get out of bed the next day. On this trip, all we did for exercise was ride the tandem and after we taught again after two weeks - we had very little soreness! So the moral of the story is if you go on vacation - take your bike! Next year we plan to go to the midwest where hopefully it will be a bit dryer!
0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment