http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
How long has it been?
Yes, summer has arrived and kids are out of school, thus - no time for writing! I do happen to have a few minutes before heading off to the club so I thought I would jot down a few things.

First of all, Craig and I leave Wednesday for our long awaited road trip, and from what I can gather, it looks like southern Vermont will be a 'Body Pump' stop for us. I have the clubs info so I can figure out which class we will be able to attend. We are really looking forward to seeing how other clubs promote Body Pump!

Then, imagine my suprise when I went to the mailbox and there was BP58, and the chest song is in fact 'Love Shack'! I'm soooo excited! We did happen to pick out our liscense plate back in 2003 so there is no correlation - just pure happy coincidence! So if you see the 'lvshack' chugging along the highways of New England - honk!

Our club has not yet announced our launch date but I'm sure it will be soon. Has anyone out there launched yet? How do you like it? We have not had a chance to review the DVD yet but that should be out in the next week or so. I did watch the chest track, ...very kewl. BTW, are the women's speedo's available in red? : )

See ya soon!

Tami
14 Comment(s):
On 19 June, 2006, Blogger Chantal said...

Chest track is awesome! We will launch next monday evening with a tropical theme. I get to present the chest track with BC :-))))))
Have good and safe trip. I guess Holland is too fare to drive (swim), but you're welcome here any time.

 
On 19 June, 2006, Blogger Chantal said...

sry mean BP... I'll also present BC and BA :-)

 
On 19 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we will be launcing July 10
I teach in los angeles

 
On 19 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gym use to have the Body Pump class, but switched to Group Power. I'm moving to another (much smaller) city that does not have a gym that offers the Body Pump (or any other similar class). Do you have any suggestions on some DVD's that I might purchase that are similar to the Body Pump routine so that I can workout at home?

 
On 20 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been on 58 for a few weeks now (Australia.) I really like it, and really pleased to see another Republica track in the mix (some out there might remember "Ready To Go" from about BP40.)

I'm enjoying it, not too used to it yet, I thought it would be hard to beat 57, which was a really excellent release.

 
On 20 June, 2006, Blogger Chantal said...

"Ready to go" .. BP 38... my very first BP release. Cool! Also fun triceps track with Jlo on that one.

 
On 20 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey tami does this mean you are coming to see us in Bennington? Would love to know so that i can be there if i can. If you are shoot me an email danaduss@sover.net


dana

 
On 20 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on ebay somebody will always sell the new release in afew weeks

 
On 21 June, 2006, Blogger Tami W. said...

Bennington looks possible - I'll let you know!

Wasn't Ready to Go from BP 43?

We leave today! Gotta get the lvshak packed.....

 
On 21 June, 2006, Blogger Chantal said...

You're right, that's when I started teaching... 38 was my very first release as a participant :)
Have fun on the way!

 
On 24 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Launched BODYPUMP this past week. (jun 19-24) Great feedback from participants. I found it was pretty easy to learn for choreog too!

 
On 25 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fitness First launched 58 last weekend of May, which was quite early since their previous launch was only mid-March. By now, the better instructors are in mix mode or have put it aside altogether, e.g. Pete Manuel did Pump 43 this weekend.

I had 'unofficial' exposure to this release going way back to Easter, but doing it 2-3 times a week is different. I've not tired of it yet. Here are my more considered thoughts on it...

1. I recently upped my warm-up weight so the overhead work on this track is quite a challenge. No single squats is an interesting twist.

2. The combos dooo seem to go on interminably, but this is mostly fairly manageable except for the *absurdly* short break and what follows it. My advice: pass on the 'down and hold' at the end of the second round.

3. Destined to be a classic. Lots of singles makes this reasonably challenging, but still more of a fun feel-good track, e.g. the staggers after the break.

4. Much as I loved the last back track, this one is even better. Extra set of clean and press gets my vote over seven rows. Watch out for transition straight into clean and press after the break on the first and fourth sets. The late break seems to be a bit of a theme in this release.

5. Less extension work makes this easier in my book. Bottom half tricep pushups are a tad unpleasant, rather than outright gruesome.

6. Only moderately hard, but still definitely harder than it first appears, and does not get easier!

7. Ouch, ouch, ouch! Another deceptive track -- seems manageable, but turns out to be a bit of a killer. It's the combination of calf raises, sixteen singles plus bottom halves, and all stationary bar work. Two of the three would be just fine, but packing all that into one track makes it quite a challenge. Drop your weight if you tend to lose form on long lunge sets; also the first eight singles should be taken as top halves unless you are very confident.

8. Another classic, but probably a one-off along the lines of 'Thunderstruck'. Watch your form on the 16 fast macs, and good luck if you switch to the bar!

9. Good song, but chorey wise it really is probably the least imaginative ab track to come out in the better part of two years.

10. I believe the song may be a soccer world cup tie-in. Whatever, as I've commented before I am a bit tired of the melodramatic cooldowns, and would like them to try a more acoustic sound here.

In other news, this weekend witnessed a surprise sighting of the Pumpfrog -- brought "out of retirement" (his words) to serve as a substitute RPM instructor! I'd actually never trained with him before but he seemed to me to be in a somewhat subdued mood, and mentioned something about leaving the country on Wednesday, so I guess that is the last we will see of him in a while...

 
On 25 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started learning this new release and it sure is growing on me! The combo moves are cool, and it's a fresh new workout.

Spaceman, I agree, the lunge track is a killer! We are launching this release in mid july- I think the members will like this one.

The choreogrpahy is pretty easy to learn- I've learned the first two tracks in under an hour.

I've only been teaching BP for 10 months, and I find it hard to remember multiple tracks in different releases. I usually start mixing and matching releases 2 weeks after the launch- BUT I need to review the choreography of the older tracks that I have not done in a while.

Any other instructors have this problem? How do you remember so much chorey especially after not doing that track for a while? Maybe I just have a bad short tem memory :-((

oh, well, I always have it down for the class, so I guess that's all that matters.

 
On 26 June, 2006, Blogger Tami W. said...

I will almost always have to review my notes on older releases that we choose to do. There are a few songs - my favorites, that I can do without looking at the notes and just do it. So - don't feel bad! I've been teaching for 4 years and still need to review!

Spaceman - thanks for your great review! Craig and I have still not watched the DVD. May get to it today since it's raining here in Vermont and we are stuck in our camper!

 

Post a Comment