http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
The Wardrobe Malfunction (w/pics)
Tami handed me the mic after completing her squat track. Whilst bending my head downward to don the headset it became apparent that once again I was smack dab in the middle of an instructor's worst nightmare. Yes, lo and behold my fly was wide open - the operative word being wide. Quickly, I reached for the zipper. Nothing doing - it was already up. Apparently my three-year-old workout pants had reached the end of their useful life. Time for a new pair.

Now, I don't know about you, but I've had this dream before. You know the one - you're on the bus going to school, or at work, or something like that. And suddenly you look down and realize you're either not wearing your drawers or your fly is wide open. But eventually you wake up and breathe a sigh of relief: "Thank goodness that was only a dream!" For some reason though this seemed awfully real. Stunned, I looked up.

I'd already started to talk about the next routine, but having stopped mid-sentence I'd managed to pretty much get everyone's attention at that point. My hand dropped to my side as I recalled one of Tami's most memorable quotes: Time to face the music.

"Oh my gosh, my fly's open!" I deadpanned. The class erupted in laughter. "Why don't you just zip it back up?" Tami asked. "I can't. It's broken" I whispered back, realizing only too late the mic I'd just put on amplified my words for all to hear. "I knew this would come in handy sometime" Tami said, as she wrapped her sweater around my waist and tied the sleeves behind my back. "Just don't get it dirty" A round of applause from the class sealed my fate - so, I grabbed my bar and kicked off our next routine.

I don't suppose this would be what the BodyPump Instructor's Manual means by "Make ever class a WOW experience!"
6 Comment(s):
On 11 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there with ya! Not too long after I got certified, I was subbing for a very popular class and wore my fav pair of bike shorts and a sports bra. Class actually went well, and I headed for the locker room. Was I ever so embarassed to have the gym's director's wife (who is a friend) come up to me and gingerly explain that my bike shorts were totally transparent every time I did a squat or anything that required a bend! I guess the spandex was a little too worn. Needless to say, I do a "squat check" in whatever I teach in EVERY time! I've also worn two completely different shoes (same brand, different color) before!

 
On 11 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call it "Creating fitness magic"!

I know your members will not forget that class.

 
On 11 May, 2006, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

I like that term - "Creating fitness magic"!

 
On 12 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig, I'm so glad to see you were man enough to post those pictures! I was starting to worry after the pics of you leading class with the pink kitty beanie baby on your head never did show up!

 
On 15 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are just to funny....thanks for making my day :-)

LOL in Toronto

 
On 16 May, 2006, Blogger Tami W. said...

I love it! I'll have to mention that in class...
BTW - I bought Craig a new pair of shorts (with no zipper so no chance of a mechanical failure) and he wore them in class yesterday. The whistling was endless and we, (or was it just me?) , couldn't stop giggling! He did look really cute! Of course after class I had to go buy him some instant tanning lotion to go with those new shorts.

 

Post a Comment