http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
BodyPump 58 Filming: A First-Hand Account
Instructors: As you probably know by now, we're about to witness a changing of the guard as Mike McSweeney passes on the leadership torch of the program he helped build for so many years. Until this post appeared on Kia Kaha, we've seen little - if any - official word from LMI corporate sources on the upcoming departure of our favorite international trainer. It's come to pass though, and the dawn of a new era is upon us.

Of course you know the Les Mills crew wouldn't let such a huge milestone go by without throwing a massive party! (that's why we love those guys) BodyPump 58 is that party, and we'd like to direct your attention now to fellow blogster Reymond's Journal for a superbly crafted first-hand account (with pictures)...
3 Comment(s):
On 10 February, 2006, Blogger Reymond said...

Hey, thanks for the link! :) I'm as much interested as you are in Les Mills world and to be able to share it is a great honour! I always love reading your posts. Looking forward for the next ones!

 
On 28 February, 2006, Blogger admin said...

What I heard Mike was scheduled to appear at the Perth and Sydney Mega workshops and failed to appear. I know for sure that he did not appear at the Perth 1/4.

If I paid to do a workshop and expected Mike there and was not there then I would have been very disapointed.

 
On 15 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the early risers at one Sydney gym this morning were lucky enough to be treated to a sneak peek at BP58. I believe the presenters may have been rehearsing for FILEX next weekend, which I think is when it gets unveiled before the broader instructor community here. So for a mere punter such as myself, this was a real treat. (I knew something was up when I recognised an instructor setting up beside me.)

Without giving too much away, the focus in this release seems to be on new combos. They appear in squats, tricep, bicep, maybe I think also chest -- I don't fully recall. Plus a VERY interesting new compound move in shoulders that I'd never seen before, and which I didn't fully master the first time through. The squats, chest, and lunge tracks stood out as being of harder than average difficulty; the rest about par. Squats combines the hairiest moments from the last two releases; chest and lunges just seemed long.

The music actually really didn't do much for me personally, but it was a very solid workout and the new moves made it feel very fresh. So based on this one tiny glimpse, it does look like Pump will continue to evolve and thrive into the new era...

 

Post a Comment