http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Has Pumpfrog Left The House?
About a week and a half ago, the following anonymous comment showed up on our BodyPump 56 review:
I hear pumpfrog has resigned, filmed 57 and thats it!
Personally, I like a little more detail with my revelations, but I decided to follow up anyway. So I called the folks at Les Mills USA. No, as far as they knew no such thing had happened. And - the fella who answered the phone assured me - if it had, they would certainly know. By the way, 'Pumpfrog' is none other than Mike McSweeney, head choreographer and cult celebrity of the BodyPump program. So as far as I was concerned this thing was a thankfully short-lived aberration.

Until this anonymous comment showed up on the 56 review last night:
The 'pumpfrog' has definetly left the house, word is he resigned and the company is keeping it under wraps till they have someone else. Apparently he filmed the last release 57 and we will see him no more.
Sadly, this one sounds a little more credible than the first - and, I have to admit, it's got me feeling a little crummy. Longtime readers of our blog have heard me say more than once that I want to be like Mike when I grow up - and truth be told there's a probably a lot of folks out there that really look up to him and respect what he's done for the program.

Thoughts or news you'd like to share on this or any other topic? Click the comments link below and tell us about it!
18 Comment(s):
On 12 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must be joking. why? and who is the replacement, as if!

 
On 12 December, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

All I can say at this point is that I hope it isn't so. We've had a three people tell us that they'll check and see what's going on, but we've not heard back from them yet. We'll post what we've got whenever we get something credible - hopefully soon.

 
On 13 December, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Craig,

If Mike was leaving they would announce it on Les Mills Kia Kaha and also on the main site www.lesmills.com.

Nothing has been posted there and Mike said on the release 55 that he bought up big on CD's while in Germany for up and coming releases.

Just a thought?

 
On 13 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry folks - he's gone. I think that it caught Les Mills on the hop, so to speak. But yes, you would have thought that they would have told people about it - or maybe the company thought that people might not make the connection when he wasn't on the next release!

 
On 14 December, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

I too will be sad if the rumor is true - however - if it is true - I wish Mike all the best. He has been doing this for a pretty long time - I'm sure way more than any of us. He has been a fabulous motivater, extremely high energy levels, and from what I hear - just a great guy. I wonder how long I will teach before I get burned out. It does happen. Of course right now I have no intention of stopping. I keep saying I want to teach till I'm 90..of maybe just be able to teach when I'm 90! I love BP - but I know the time will come when I will want to stop so I can retire with my hubby and maybe travel around the country to visit other clubs - like New Zealand?
Maybe he will just take some time off to come back all refreshed. In any case - I know we will all miss him. I feel sorry for the person who will take his place (again - if the rumor is true). He will be a tough act to follow.

 
On 15 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you'd much rather be the guy who replaced the guy who replaced McSweeney. We are hearing more and more that this is all true, so I think we have to be prepared. But all the other replacements have been extraordinary, and I'm sure LM will again select a quality person.

 
On 15 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re Rod's comment - EVERYBODY at Les Mills knows that Mike has left. How very strange that someone so high up in the company - like Rod - would have heard nothing about this...

 
On 20 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have got to be kidding

 
On 20 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Ruthie T now Mike. :`-(

 
On 20 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me. It's true.

 
On 20 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard that mike's baby was born.

so he left lesmills ?

 
On 22 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of. This has been brewing for a while. The baby being born was just more reason to go through with it. I wish him well. His way of teaching inspired a lot of guys to get into group fitness and break stereotypes. Kia Kaha! Forever.

 
On 07 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did Ruthie T leave?

 
On 08 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she left to choreograph programs for Radical Fitness but has since left them to live in Brisbane and start a new life - good luck to her for the future

KM

 
On 12 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pretend that I didn't just read everything that everyone wrote! Mike and his choreography has inspired me so much! And he continuous to inspired me and everyone else across the globe! Why would he want to leave such an amazing thing? I don't particularly like Mike's style of teach or his form at times, but I believe that when it comes to choreography, he's got it down, and it will be hard to find a replacement!

 
On 01 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it's definite BP58 will be mike's last.

:'-(

 
On 03 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will miss him.....a lot!

 
On 11 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know why MJM was called PumpFrog?
Thanks!

 

Post a Comment