http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Shoulders Beware: "Crack It" vs. "Tribal Dance"
When BodyPump head choreographer Mike McSweeney introduced "Crack It" to the worldwide instructor community on the release #50 video, his words were "Take the hardest shoulder song you know and just double it". No kidding - to my way of thinking, "Crack It" reigns supreme as the toughest shoulder song we've ever done.

So when some of our class members pointed out that "Tribal Dance" (48) was tougher than "Crack It", I couldn't resist the opportunity to have a little show-down. We ran "Crack It" that Friday and Saturday, followed by "Tribal Dance" on Monday - and I'm here to tell you both songs deserve respect. Alright, so maybe "Crack It" isn't twice as hard as "Tribal Dance" - but I still say it's the tougher of the two. Agree or disagree? Click the comments link below and have your say!
11 Comment(s):
On 23 September, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

It's been awhile since we've done that one. I think I'll give it a go today and see how it feels!

 
On 23 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to add to this--as far as shoulders go--I have done both Body Pump shoulders and Group Power shoulders and let me tell ya, Crack it and Tribal dance cannot compare to Electric Avenue.

 
On 23 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats great and all but last time I checked this was a BODYPUMP blog.

 
On 23 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I trained on "Crack It", and I chose that song as my track for the training weekend. At the end of the weekend, I was done with crossover push ups! LOVE IT!

Although I love "Crack It", I think "Tribal Dance" is difficult too!! Definitely one of my favorites.

"I Get Up" (BP 55) is a tough one, too. My class cried last week at my club's launch. Yeah!

 
On 23 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, lest we forget the Bonus shoulder track on BodyPump 46 "Do It". Lots of pushups, lots of hard bar work, lots of motivation! That is my all time favorite! It is often overlooked, but once taught, it is not easily forgotten.

 
On 23 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes, Electric Avenue did rock...but I'm so glad our club has gone back to Les Mills! :-)

 
On 24 September, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Three of the hardest and must brutal shoulder tracks are:

Excalibur FCB BP 30
Can U Feel It NYCC BP 31
Jungle Bill Yello BP 25

BP 25 is brutal and the pushups at the end is a total burn.

Love Tribal Dance but now I Get UP INXS from BP 55 is def a hardcore shoulder track.

 
On 24 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crack It is only hard if you've gone heavy with the chest work...Pushups do work more chest than shoulders if done correctly. I think Tribal Dance and Do It are the hardest BP shoulder tracks. Working from the floor almost negates the core help...the results=total isolation. I like the music in TD better though. I can't understand the dude in Do It, half the time.

 
On 26 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Crack It" is a tough one, but one that I rarely do because I don't think alot of people can do it safely. We have an older demographic, and they tend to stay put on the cross-over push-ups. If you're going to do that, it loses it's "ooomph", so I just look elsewhere. Transitions in "Tribal Dance" are hard to hear, but I think the front raises are super tough. I like it when push-ups are interspersed with other work!

 
On 30 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I was able to complete Tribal Dance with 5kgs on each side, I swore to never do it again. It was like my Mount Everest. Since then I have taught it again but I belive it is by far the hardest shoulder track. -Bah-bee

 
On 08 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think thunderstruck is quite a tuffy ;)

 

Post a Comment