http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
It's what you don't feel
A couple weeks ago, I spent the evening running wires for some low-power lighting on the undersides of our kitchen cabinets. The best way to do this was for me to bend over backwards - literally. Five years ago I wouldn't have been able to walk the next day. In fact I probably wouldn't have been able to get into bed without assistance, let alone get out the next morning. But sure enough that next day I was right by Tami's side teaching our BodyPump class.

This past weekend Tami and I ran the Marine Mud Run, a 5K (roughly 3 miles) dash over cross-country terrain and through a mud pit at the end. We haven't had much time to practice thanks to our nifty little kitchen project so we pretty much went as we are. Okay maybe we didn't set any records, but we ran the thing and didn't skip a beat the rest of the weekend.

If you're new to BodyPump, don't be discouraged if you don't see the results you wanted right away. Sometimes it's what you don't feel that matters most - like not being winded when you climb a long flight of stairs, or not having a sore back after working all day, or not feeling so overwhelmed with household chores. As with any exercise routine, you gotta stick with it to get the results you want - and yes, you will definitely get results with BodyPump. But sometimes the results that matter most are what you can't see, and don't feel!
3 Comment(s):
On 19 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate! I helped with some hurricane cleanup over the weekend which would have taken me out for days before BodyPump. Yes - I was tired and my muscles were fatigued but couldn't wait to get up and teach my class at 5:00 this morning and I turned 50 just a couple of weeks ago.

 
On 27 September, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

50? Kudo's to you!! I thought I was the oldest BP instructor! It's great to see us older folks being able to kick some young behinds! Keep up the excellent work!

Tami

 
On 27 September, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I am 40 years old. Am I a old folk :)

 

Post a Comment