http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Body Pump 55 - Hmmmmm
I love Body Pump. I love teaching it, I love the people that present it, created it, promote it etc. I love it when we have a fabulous release with powerful, fun, energetic music. Which brings me to BP 55. I just got a pretty good listen to it in the car (which DOES have a great speaker system - unlike Craig's Mac). Part of me wanted to do the 'bump', part of me wanted to slam dance, part of it wanted me to extend my pinky, thumb and index finger and cross my arms across my chest, and the last part just kinda sighed. Oh well - there's always 56...

What I would love to see is some good old rock and roll. Something like Lynard Skynard, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, more Aerosmith, Foreigner, Journey, etc. Something that would really pack a punch. I just get tired of the techno, rap stuff. And as much as I like the Bee Gees and John Travolta, disco IS dead. I know - I lived through it.

We have had some great 'rock' tracks such as Sweet Child of Mine, Enter Sandman, Walk this Way. They were great! Could we pppplease have some more????


Tami
29 Comment(s):
On 03 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Wow so isn't it good.

 
On 03 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

Well - thats just my opinion for whatever its worth. Its certainly ok - just not their best stuff.

 
On 04 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I know alot of the tracks on this release. I guess the music may not appeal to some people. I love trance music and progressive trance.

I guess I have to wait and see what the it all looks like and feels like.

 
On 04 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! more rock! less doofdoofdoof!

 
On 04 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

What is 'trance' music anyway?

 
On 04 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the music that they use in BodyPump has more of a European flavor, which makes it unique. I love it. I agree it would be nice to hear more rock, but I guess the more of that stuff they use, the more "Americanized" the progam becomes...and I think we can all agree that we love the unique feel of the program...that's why most of us cringed at the idea of our clubs going BTS:) Just my 2 cents...but the bands you mentioned are great Tami..no doubt about that!

 
On 04 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Tami,

Check out the following link on trance music :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance_music

 
On 04 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

Yes - BP does have a unique sound - and we do like it alot. It plays and motivates very well when you are trying to lift that bar! I guess on this particular release - the only artist I knew was Alicia Keys. Not that I live in a vacuum cleaner or anything - but lets face it I grew up with 70's and 80's stuff. Never really got into the techno genre, or the club mixes. (quit going to clubs a long time ago : ) ) So - when I do hear it, it sounds different, not what I'm used to. It's not something I would go out and buy it to listen to - but it does well for BP. Make sense?

Thanks pipera for the link. Fascinating stuff!

 
On 05 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Thanks :)

Theres a forum for everything,

Just joined a trance forum at:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/

lol

 
On 06 August, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

Thank you for trying to help Tami out with exploring new music formats. Unfortunately she is stuck on classic rock and - try as I might - I can't get her out of that rut. I am surprised though that the disco music doesn't appeal to her more since she's such a 70's chick. Oh well - she's a sweetheart anyway, so I'll keep her around just the same! ;-)

 
On 06 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just listened to the release 55 and I LOVE IT! The heavier the beat the better in my book.

It is nice to hear the guitar in the chest track though. feels mean and tough. kinda like enter sandman.

Tami, hopefully the release will grow on you. They always do.

 
On 07 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

Well - I usually do tend to change my mind the more I listen to it. And it always plays better at our club with the huge sound system. I'll keep you posted! However - my heart still belongs to classic rock...

 
On 08 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Received BP55 and LOVE IT! I think it is one of the best releases. The chest track is AWESOME and reminds me of Metallica's "Enter Sandman". I am glad to see tricep dips, as well as the return of CROSSOVER PUSH-UPS! Yeah! I can't wait for my clud to release it!

 
On 08 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

I do like the chest track - it is very powerful. And I agree with you on the dips - love them! X over push-ups....well - I'll do them but they certainly aren't my favorite! Personally - I don't think it is 'the best release'. I really liked 54, but thats whats great about this blog - we get to hear everyones opinion. After all - the world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same stuff! I appreciate the time you guys put in to reading and writing about something we all love to do.

Keep working hard!

 
On 08 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't like what I've heard so far of BP55 and, like you, Tami, I am a lover of Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, give me more, more, more! Hey, can I interest anyone in a chat about the apparel offerings? Tragic. I have ordered a couple of pieces from lesmills.au and like them better. The USD against the AU Dollar is pretty good right now, so with shipping, you come out about even. The site they direct the US instructors to is simply Eurotrash. And those of us who have received anything find that they are far smaller than expected; some of our size 8 instructors are having to order XL's in pants - what's up with that? And can we PLEASE get some cotton options? One of our Combat instructors literally wrung out his driweave shirt on stage the other night - I swear there was 1/4 of a cup that came out! We need to mount an offensive on the clothing, in my opinion.

 
On 09 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't you all the same people that dogged BTS when the split happened? Now, you want American music, huh? How quickly things can change. Check out the Summit in Atlanta on the 27th of Aug. It might change your mind. (again :))

 
On 11 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew that Rich Boggs was monitoring this BLOG? Or was that Cathy Spencer? : ) Still love Les Mills!!!

 
On 11 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

: )

 
On 11 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this about American music? What makes some music American? America is a melting pot that represents so many different cultures. How could we ever have A TYPE of music? Come on people, get out of your box and learn to appreciate it all. You never know who digs what in your classes anyway.

 
On 11 August, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

Some of the world's greatest musicians, singers and bands came out of places other than America. It's ALL good. And it's OK to have preferences! But just because I like one 'type' of music over another doesn't mean I hate everything else! Time to move on...

 
On 11 August, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

Uh oh. Now she's getting irritated. No dinner for me tonight :(

 
On 12 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I love Mikes choice of music and think it gets better all the time.

 
On 18 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't the BTS people get their own blog

 
On 18 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the music here

http://www.soundclick.com/artist/3/neuralreceptor_music.htm

Might be something you seriously like. Not mainstream but it may be what youre looking for.

 
On 18 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah??? If BTS is sooo great...why are you on Les Mills website??? People on this website are Bodypump/Les Mills supporters and we don't care about BTS. Find your own website to discuss your passion.

 
On 19 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
On 19 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I suggested to Michael on the song forums Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart.) by Journey as a Track 4 for Bodypump. I think this track would be excellent for BP. I also suggested I can't wait by Stevie Nicks for a triceps track as well. Then there was a number of Cher tracks I also suggested.

I like the music I grew up on as a teenager and wish that we can have our turn hearing our music in Bodypump.

If Michael is reading this.

 
On 19 August, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I want to do Group Power but unfortunatley I don't live in the USA. I would like to do one of their classes so bad so that I can compare them. This will never happen ever unless I come to the USA or Canada to do them. I am so Les Mills Bodypump, then their is training in Radical Fitness PowerFit which I am going to do this year. Its about getting people to exercise wheather to Bodypump or Group Power of PowerFit its about exercise and having a good time training. :)

 
On 11 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it everybody got 55 in August? We just got it in California a week ago; the Quarterly was today. Other than the back track being kind of bubblegum, I really like it. (I haven't seen/taken a group power class, so I haven't got anything to compare.) Anyway, I like just about every kind of music except country, so Eurotrance, metal, new wave, disco, it's all good to me.

 

Post a Comment