http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
3-2-1 or 1-2-3?
We drive each other crazy with this. Whenever I count through a rep - such as 3 counts up, 1 count down - I always count backwards: 3-2-1. Tami, on the other hand, counts forward: 1-2-3. When one of us is teaching, the other will sometimes count out a rep or two - and if we both happen to pick the same rep to count... well, you get the picture. What usually follows sounds a lot like Lucy vs. Ricky or The Honeymooners or any of those other husband/wife sitcoms. Our class says the free entertainment gets their minds off the pain. We say it's all about getting the last word in - and that honor usually goes to whoever has the microphone. So what do you think - is it 3-2-1 or 1-2-3? Click the comments link and let us know!
13 Comment(s):
On 11 July, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

whatever

 
On 11 July, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

It's good to yank her chain every once in awhile - she needs it! ;)

 
On 11 July, 2005, Blogger Reymond said...

3-2-1 for sure!!!

 
On 11 July, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

Alright. I guess I need to defend myself here. I don't 'always' count forwards. I'm fact, it's pretty rare. I use it when I say somehing like "down 2,3,4". Especially on a super slow count when I don't want them coming up too fast.

So, that being said, can we find something else to fuss about??? How about hubby and his doo rag. Do other guy instructors wear these things?

 
On 11 July, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

See how she tries to change the subject!! It's a diversion tactic, I tell you.

Okay, I admit I like my durag because I've seen pictures where it looks like Mike McSweeney is wearing one (Tami knows I want to be like Mike when I grow up). Probably nobody else wears one in BodyPump class but me. But I'm pretty sure Mike wears one - and if it's good enough for Mike, it's good enough for me!! (check those links and tell me it's not a durag he's wearing!)

Yeah, I fell for her little diversion tactic. She's smarter than me so I don't try to fight it.

 
On 12 July, 2005, Blogger admin said...

I am in the 3-2-1 club :)

 
On 12 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like 3-2-1 because i think "ooh only one to go then i can stop". i guess it's a psychological thing ;)

 
On 12 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig, Not to rain on your parade but it looks like Mike is wearing a ball cap backwards not a durag...

 
On 13 July, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

No... no, don't tell me that! It just can't be.
;o

 
On 15 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I count 3 to 1 as well. Oh, and yes, mike does wear a rag. Check the education interview on the end of the BP 46 video if you have it. He's talking with Kathy (back when things were so simple with BTS/LM!) and he's wearing a rag. Besides, it might be a culteral thing, but a lot of guys wear them in NC.

 
On 15 July, 2005, Blogger Tami and Craig Warman said...

A ha! Thank you for that. Plus Tami (grudgingly) admitted that Mike was wearing a durag on the BodyPump 54 video, and also on a poster at our gym. So I feel better now.

 
On 17 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Craig on the 3-2-1 thing but definitely side with Tami re: the durag controversy.

 
On 01 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be honest - if you have an aerobics background you count always down not up.. that explains why many instructors count down not up..

that means a change must follow after the one, if you count up your participants donĀ“t know what to come in aerobics.. ( i think many took that over in pump)

and if you are really interested Susan Tolji counts down.. I did the bootcamp with her..

I am one of 30 pump instructors in Austria (no Kangaroos just Snow) - not really much but we are still growing.

The main important thing is that your participants may follow you.

greetings Joachim

www.lesmills.com/Joachim

 

Post a Comment