http://tamiandcraig.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
ouch...ouch.....ouch...ouch
Thats what happens when you don't do Body Pump for 2 weeks!! We taught this past Friday after returning from our vacation, and Saturday, we were both so sore we could barely walk! I really thought with all the walking/hiking we did that we would not be so sore - but I was wrong! So - the moral of the story is...DONT MISS BODY PUMP! Mondays class was less painful so it is tapering off.

Craig always talls me to write but he does so a great job of filling everyone in on the latest stuff - I feel I have nothing to write about. So after much consideration, and for those of you with nothing to do at work, I thought I'd tell you a little about me!!

I have come a long way - If someone told me 10 years ago that I would be teaching a weight training class - in front of others, I would have never believed it. I was 40 lbs overweight and the thought of speaking in front of people was enough to bring the smelling salts. I had been overweight since childhood, so I have heard every fat name in the book. After years of yo-yo dieting, I finally took control and began a lifestyle change of healthy eating and exercise. In 2001, I studied to become a personal trainer through International Sports Science Association. I passed, quit my job as a secretary, (which I hated), and got a job at a fitness center where I lived in Newnan, GA - I loved working in that environment! I was only there a few months when Craig, only a boyfriend then, asked me to move to Blacksburg, VA that November. I knew he was the 'man of my dreams' so I moved right on up - got a job at New Town Fitness - and the rest is history! Oh yes, Craig and I were married June 13. 2003 and he stated teaching with me about a year ago. I think we make a pretty good team! We motivate each other to work outand eat healthy, especially since he too used to be overweight. (maybe he could post our 'fat' pictures...)

OK...now it's time to go back to work!

Tami
3 Comment(s):
On 28 June, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did either of you go to VT? I could have went there after high school but chose to stay in state (NC).

 
On 29 June, 2005, Blogger admin said...

Great story :)

 
On 29 June, 2005, Blogger Tami W. said...

Craig went to VT - I did not.

Thanks - glad you liked it!

 

Post a Comment